How to get a tatkal passport from Hyderabad Contd...

On a beautiful day(!), I woke up early and reached passport office by 9:30 AM. There was already a long queue formed for tokens and people were standing outside office. I stood in the queue just outside the office.

(There was a security guard standing at the entrance shouting at the people and treating people like criminals in a jail. His job is only to check the application form and send the people into the office batch by batch. But he feels like he is a jailer and people in queue are the jail inmates. I have experienced this everytime i went to passport office and ofcourse at many govt offices)

It took one hour for me to reach the security guard, he checked me and my application and pushed me inside the office. Again in the office there were 4 queues: 2 for tatkal and 2 for "other" requests. I stood in one of the tatkal queue which was 20 people long. The officer was checking documents and sticking token stickers on the form.

(As usual he was also rude, someone got angry with him with his behaviour, he was talking about some RTI (Right To Information) before the security guard took him outside the office.)

My turn came, I showed the original certificates along with application form. Fortunately, he didn't say anything, pasted the token sticker and gave it back to me.

Next step was to go into other side of office and wait for my turn to submit the forms.

To be continued...

1 comments:

  Anonymous

10/16/2009 8:25 AM

Hi,
Now it’s my turn, I mean passport hurdles for my son, we applied the tatkal online, appointment is fixed 14-Oct-2009, but we miss that, the next available date is 15-Nov-2009

My query is: can I print this online application and submit at Hyderabad passport office counter?
I don't want to wait for another one month to apply passport for my kid

Thanks
Anil