How to get a tatkal passport from Hyderabad Contd...

After 3 days I went to Passport office to collect my new passport at around 5:00 PM (Its better if you reach there by 4:00 PM). I went to the same hall where I submitted my passport. There was chaos there, people wandering here and there without any direction.

There were 2 counters open, no one knows which counter is for what. I went to counter and gave my acknowledgement slip. There was a peon like guy who took my slip and showed me next counter. both the counters were crowded with people, no queue at all.

I saw people coming for passport even if they were told to collect the passport by post. such people were harshly treated and counter clerks shouted at them that they cant give the passport as they were sent on post.

In the next counter, the officer was using mike and calling names one after the other and was handing over the passport. You will have to carefully listen for your name and then rush to counter to pick up your passport. I waited for 10 min for my name to be called and got my new passport at last!!

This brings to the end of my passport episode. I have put every minute of this experience into words for two main reasons:

1. To show how rude the system is in passport office and the treatment you can expect there from passport officers.
2. To elaborate the whole process of getting a tatkal passport which I found no where documented (including the passport websites, passport office notice boards, blogs, forums...)

Hope that helps!

1 comments:

  Anonymous

6/05/2008 2:50 PM

awesome ! thanks a ton for your detailed experience buddy !
believe me soon your post would be amongst the top 5 links on googling :)