How to get a tatkal passport in Hyderabad contd...

The following are the documents that I took with me for tatkal passport (re-issue)
1. Old passport
2. SSC certificate
3. BE certificate
4. Bank Statement (for address proof)
5. Marriage Certifacte (To include spouse name in passport)
and for tatkal 3 documents..
6. PAN card
7. Driving License
8. Voters ID card
I also made an affidavit (annexure I) just in case they ask. Its prepared by a notary just opp. passport office and he charged me 120 rupees for that.

I took all these documents, made a copy of them and went to another gate of office. security directed me to a room inside the office where all the people are made to wait. (Room is AC which was not working!) I waited there for 10 min, and a security guard came in and allowed us to enter a hall where there were queue counters.

I went inside the hall, my token had a queue name and number. I went to the counter which had the name. There were chairs put in front of counter and people were sitting there. few counters had mic-and-display and the officer was using it to call the numbers. My counter didnt have that system, and it had an obviously rude lady officer shouting the numbers. I saw that this lady is much rude than the other officers. Infact many of them appeared decent and calm to me except the lady officer in my counter.

I sat in chair patiently and waited for my turn...

(to be continued..)

0 comments: