First Thoughts on Documentum Composer (D6)

During my 2 day workshop on D6, I had a hands-on on Documentum Composer which is a replacement of Documentum Application Builder (DAB) and Installer. I liked Documentum Composer for 3 main reasons:
1. It has better interface than DAB, and its easy to use.
2. Its combined with DAB and DAI, this is very good because you can create a DocApp and Install it there itself.
3. Since it is built in eclipse, you can identify the issues at the DocApp development level instead of installation level. Any Error in DocApp is immediately highlighted with a red mark.

I tried a few things with Composer... creating objects, types, value-assistance, life-cycles.It all seemed very simple and easy to create a DocApp. Installation also went fine without any issues.

Best thing about Composer is, once you have a DocApp you can install it in multiple docbases without exiting the Composer.

One drawback according to me is, it doesn't show workflows. I saw that BPM is there under artifacts but workflows can neither be created there nor the existing workflows are displayed there. To create and manage workflows, Process Builder is needed.

(This post is composed from ScribeFire, a Firefox Extension)

3 comments:

  Mike

11/01/2009 10:28 AM

I want a tool which can convert ost to pst, i have a tool for pst repair
Repair outlook pst file tools
to repair pst file. I have deleted my email, but still i recover all my emails, www.repair-outlook-pst-file.com. Now i have problem with ost, please tell a tool to convert ost to pst.

  Anonymous

1/09/2010 2:29 PM

This is my first post I'd like to thank you for such a great quality site!
Was thinking this would be a nice way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Monte Phil
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/mickey-mouse-party-supplies.html]mickey mouse Party Supplies[/url].

  Anonymous

3/09/2010 9:15 PM

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike