My First Impressions on Documentum 6 (D6)

My First Impressions on Documentum 6 (D6)

I have attended a 2 day workshop on D6 and Installed Webtop which seemed to be a simple 3 step process:
1. Installed JDK 1.5
2. Installed Apache Tomcat 5.5
3. Copied the D6 Webtop webapp to Tomcat

PROBLEM:
First error I got when I opened webtop is this:
com.documentum.web.form.control.TagPoolingEnabledException: JSP tag pooling is not supported. Please refer to the product deployment guide for instructions on turning off tag pooling for the application server.

Searched for above error in Google but couldn’t find a solution. I researched for sometime and here is the solution that worked for me.

SOLUTION:
1. Go to Tomcat/conf folder and open web.xml file
2. search for "enablePooling" in file
3. enablePooling is by default [true] which needs to be set a false for webtop to work.
4. set the enablepooling to false as below.
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
...
        <init-param>
            <param-name>enablePooling</param-name>
            <param-value>false</param-value>
        </init-param>
...
    </servlet>
5. delete the Catalina in Tomcat/Work folder (Mandatory)
6. restart Tomcat

2 comments:

  Anonymous

1/14/2010 10:20 AM

I inclination not agree on it. I regard as nice post. Particularly the appellation attracted me to review the unscathed story.

  Anonymous

1/18/2010 7:42 AM

Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.